Applications are ongoing for the Youth for Technology Foundation (YTF) 3D Africa Internship Program 2019. YTF, a nonprofit organization with years of experience combining education, technology, and economic development, is seeking for brilliant and innovative undergraduate students willing to carry out their Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) to join the organization as interns for the 2019 cohort of 3D Africa Internship Program.
The selected interns upon joining the YTF team will be among the prestigious 3D Africa Ambassadors. They will learn from the 3D Africa program manager and the entire YTF team on 21st-century engineering/technology skills and organizational behaviors. They will be able to translate the skills they learned to tackle their immediate community challenges, gain a successful pathway into entrepreneurship and civic leadership.
The internship duration is for one year for polytechnic students or six months for university students.
Selected interns will be placed in one of Youth for Technology Foundation’s offices in Imo State, Nigeria, for the duration of their internship.
Intern Duties and Responsibilities:
- Classroom Training: Interns will attend structured classes and workshops during the placement period.
- Training: Support trainer for 3D Africa (for University Students) and 3D Africa Clubs in Secondary Schools.
- Design: Support program officers to implement organization-wide programs. Involvement in program design, implementation and measuring results.
- Program Planning: Organize and support the implementation of #HackforGood2019, 3D Africa’s annual hackathon.
- Ambassador: Actively engage with 3D Africa stakeholders and supporters on social media to share impact stories and YTF’s work.
- Final Project: Implement a final project based on learning acquired and internship related activities. The project must be approved by 3D Africa at the beginning of the internship and implemented satisfactorily at the conclusion of your internship after which sign off will be provided to your university.
Undergraduate students willing to carry out their industrial attachment while working on practical innovation projects are eligible for the internship. The applicants must be tech-savvy and interested in learning novel technologies.
Knowledge of computer-aided design (CAD), graphics design or project management, software programming, and hardware development are required for the role. Basic communication skills and volunteer experience are an added advantage. Female students are highly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: January 7th, 2019
To apply, click here.